Learn how to make this paper scroll wall decor for your entryway for just $1!
Have you seen those beautiful Kraft paper scrolls on Pinterest?? What if I told you that you could make one for just $1?! Here I’ll show you how to get decorate your entryway for spring with a $1 DIY paper scroll wall decor statement piece.
I was recently asked what my “decor style” was. It’s strange…I’ve never really identified with a “style until recently. Actually, I wasn’t quite sure what my style was, but when I looked at my Pinterest boards and keywords, it’s no surprise that “modern farmhouse” was searched the most.
And in my “modern farmhouse” searches came those beautiful Kraft paper scrolls that I was just dying to add to my wall decor. I had followed a tutorial on Instagram to make a small one (see below) using a roll of $1 Kraft paper from Dollar Tree, and I thought…”Why couldn’t I use the same thing to make a big one”?? And y’all, I did, and it’s amazing….and amazingly easy. Below I’ll show you how to make your own DIY paper scroll wall decor, as well as the rest of my budget-friendly spring entryway.
$1 DIY Paper Scroll Wall Decor
This post may contain affiliate links, at no extra cost to you. To read my affiliate disclosure, click here.
So let me just start by saying that my handwriting sucks. And so rather than trying to hand letter the words that I chose for my scroll, I used my Cricut to cut the words in vinyl. I had the vinyl on hand, so this project still only cost me $1, but just be aware that if you choose to use vinyl on yours, that might be a small extra expense.
Related: DIY Yarn Wall Hanging in Just 20 Minutes
DIY Paper Kraft Paper Scroll Materials
Ok, here are the materials you’ll need to buy.
- Kraft paper roll: Dollar Tree ($1)
The end. Just kidding….kind of. Everything else you probably have on hand, but if not, they can also be found at Dollar Tree.
- Marker (if you’re choosing to hand letter)
- Vinyl (if you’re choosing to use a die cutting machine, like a Cricut)
How-to Make the Paper Scroll Wall Decor
You guys, this is really so easy I’m having a hard time putting it into words. But I’ll try! (I really think the pictures will be more helpful than anything.)
- Measure how big you want your scroll to be on your wall. I knew I wanted mine to be quite large, so I measured on the wall how long I wanted it to be.
- Unroll your Kraft paper roll to your measured length. Simply unroll your paper to the length you measured. Be sure to roll it a little longer than your measurement, giving you extra paper to roll at the bottom to make the scroll.
- Roll the bottom part of the Kraft paper roll and secure with paper clips. Roll up the bottom of your scroll and secure with paper clips or small clothes pins.
- To hang, “feed” some twine or rope through the top “roll” and tie in a knot, making a “hanger”. Once you have your twine tied in a knot, just adjust the twine to where the knot is hiding inside the scroll.
- Write or cut the wording of your choice. I wanted a flower market feel to our entryway (more on that below), so that’s what I chose for my scroll.
- Since I don’t have particularly great handwriting, I used my Cricut to cut the vinyl wording. Then simply use transfer tape to add it to your scroll! I often get asked if the transfer tape tears the Kraft paper, and mine never has! I don’t use the Cricut brand transfer tape. I use the Duck Tape brand, which can be found at Walmart.
- If you don’t have a Cricut, you can easily but you can easily use a marker if you have pretty handwriting.
- If neither of the above 2 options appeal to you, there are other ink transfer methods out there! Give “easy ink transfer method” or something similar a Goog and see if one of those works for you!
I added a few garlands to the top to give it a more light and floral feel. I’m thrilled with how it turned out!
The Rest of the Farmhouse Spring Entryway
I wanted a flower market vibe in the entryway with lots and lots of florals and greenery….and I love how it turned out!
Almost everything that I used was just from shopping my home. The various containers and vases are mainly from clearance sales, Target Dollar Spot, Dollar Tree etc. My favorite place to get affordable flowers and stems are Walmart, Hobby Lobby (50% off, of course), Michaels and Amazon.
I’ll link what sources I can at the end, as well as similar items you might like! Don’t forget to “Shop the Post” at the end of this post to check out those recommendations! 😉
Spring Entryway Sources
- Entryway Table // Hobby Lobby
- Printable Stamped Bookcovers // Simple Made Pretty
- Twine Wrapped Basket (bottom shelf) // Dollar Tree DIY from Lemon Avenue Life via Instagram
- Wood Lantern // Walmart
- Macrame Table Runner // Target
- Oval White Basket // $2 at Dollar General
- Flower Garland // Her Happy Home Dollar Tree DIY (DT flowers cut and hot glued to fishing line)
My Final Thoughts on This Paper Scroll Wall Decor
If you’re looking for an easy affordable way to add a farmhouse touch to your home, you can’t beat this simple DIY Kraft paper scroll!
I’ve made several others for other holidays and occasions, which you can find on Instagram. While you’re there, I’d love for you to follow along! Be sure to tag me if you make one of these easy paper scrolls!
If you love easy DIYs and other farmhouse decor, be sure to check out these other posts:
- DIY Kraft Paper Christmas Scroll (with free SVG file)
- DIY Wood Bead Wreath
- DIY Refinished Farmhouse Table
- DIY Farmhouse Dropcloth Curtains (4 Panels for Under $20)
- The Most Affordable Farmhouse Shelves You’re Sure to Love
- DIY Yarn Wall Hanging in Just 20 Minutes
Leave a Reply