You can make this Christmas scroll (with my FREE Christmas SVG file) for just $1!
If you’re looking for budget-friendly decor that makes a huge statement, look no further! Add this free Christmas svg “Oh Holy Night” wording to a $1 roll of Kraft paper to achieve an effortless farmhouse look.
It’s that time of the year again…Christmas is here!
I love decorating for all seasons and occasions, but decorating for Christmas is by far my favorite!
One of my favorite budget-friendly ways to add a big decor statement is by decorating with my $1 DIY scrolls. Yes….you heard it correctly….$1!
It achieves the perfect farmhouse touch, while looking super high end ( don’t worry, I won’t tell it only cost $1 if you don’t 😉).
Read below to see how you can easily make one of these $1 farmhouse scrolls for your home using my free christmas SVG cut file!
$1 DIY Christmas Scroll with FREE Christmas SVG File
This post may contain affiliate links, at no extra cost to you. To read my affiliate disclosure, click here.
Before we get into it, I want to cover a few quick things about this post:
Here’s what this post is:
- A brief overview on how to make this scroll
- Includes the FREE “Oh Holy Night” Christmas SVG file for your personal use
Here’s what this post is not:
- A detailed step-by-step on how to make this scroll (you can find that tutorial here)
DIY Christmas Scroll Supplies
You really only need three supplies to complete this easy scroll!
I’m going to split this part up into two sections: supplies you will need to make the scroll, and supplies you’ll need to cut the free Christmas svg file.
To make the scroll, you’ll need:
- Roll of Kraft paper. I get mine at Dollar Tree. You can find them with the mailing supplies!
- Twine. This is used to loop through the top of the scroll to make a “hanger”.
- Paper clips. This is to secure the part of the scroll that is rolled at the bottom.
Just a reminder, this post is just a brief outline on how to make this scroll. If you’re looking for a more detailed tutorial, I’ve given a detailed step-by-step tutorial in my spring DIY scroll post.
To cut the FREE Christmas SVG file, you’ll need:
- This FREE Christmas svg download. Download the “Oh Holy Night” wording for free and enjoy it for your personal use!
- Die cutting machine. If you’re here, then I’m assuming you already have A Cricut, Silhouette, or some other brand of die cutting machine. If you don’t own one, but are considering it, I personally recommend the Cricut Explore Air 2. I feel like it’s the most user friendly of the die cutting machines I’ve used.
- Vinyl. You can get vinyl at a variety of places, but my favorite is Amazon. They have a huge variety of colors at very affordable prices.
- Various die cutting tools and accessories. Obviously you will need your other die cutting tools such as a mat, weeder, transfer tape, etc. But again, if you’re here for the free Christmas SVG file, then you already know that. 😉
Brief Overview on How to Make This $1 Farmhouse Scroll
I’ve detailed the step-by-step tutorial for making these scrolls on another post, which you can find on my spring DIY scroll post.
So today I’ll just give you a very quick and simple overview:
- Make your scroll by looping twine through the “tube”. Find a spot to hang it on the wall, pull down the amount of paper to your desired length, and secure the bottom by rolling it and securing it with a paperclip on each side.
- Use a tape measure to see how big of an area you want your wording to take up on your scroll.
- Download your free Christmas SVG file!
- Resize the wording to fit the size of your scroll.
*Note: My wording measured about 9 x 30 so I had to split my wording up into 3 separate mats to achieve the size I wanted. Keep that in mind if you plan on making yours large.
5. Use your die cutting machine to cut the svg file. Then weed and use transfer tape to transfer it to the scroll.
I’ve been asked if the Kraft paper tears when removing the transfer tape. I’ve made several of these and have never had a problem. However, I don’t use Cricut transfer tape because I find that it’s super sticky. I usually use what I can find at Walmart…or even Dollar Tree!
Grab Your FREE Christmas SVG File Here!
Ok, so if you’re just here for the “Oh Holy Night” file, look no further! 😀 You can get it right here or by clicking below.
One small favor I ask is that if you end up posting your creation on social media, please tag me! I love seeing your scrolls! You can find me @herhappyhome on Instagram. 😊 I’d love to have you follow along while you are there!
For more Christmas DIYs, decor, and gift guides, check out these related posts:
- Affordable Christmas Decorations That Will Transform Your Home
- Fun and Simple Kids’ Stocking Stuffers
- How to Decorate an Entryway Table Seasonally
- How to Style Shelves for Any Occasion