Healthy postpartum snacks are a lifesaver after bringing home a new baby! Learn how you can stock and organize your fridge with easy grab-and-go snacks.
Follow These Tips to Stock and Organize Your Fridge with Postpartum Snacks
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of HEXA™ by Spectrum Diversified Designs. All opinions are 100% mine.
If you’ve been following along on Instagram, then you know we are waiting to welcome baby #3 any day now!
Besides preparing the nursery, washing bottles, and feeling the need to deep clean and organize everything, one of the last things I like to do to prepare for bringing our babies home is making sure we have a kitchen stocked with easy meals.
When we welcomed our first son, Lincoln, in 2015, I was fully prepared for quick and easy dinners with about a dozen freezer meals.
When preparing for Goldie’s arrival in 2018, I knew that freezer dinners weren’t enough. Preparing several freezer breakfasts and freezer lunch options to last the first few weeks was a lifesaver…especially when having to feed a toddler as well as myself!
One thing I remember after coming home with my first two babies in tow, is that I was always hungry. And not just during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I found myself scrounging around the house for snacks throughout the day, and usually ended up scarfing down more potato chips than I’m proud to admit or half a box of Oreos.
This time, as we await Clark’s arrival, I’m all about adding easy, healthy, and accessible postpartum snacks for our family to make our lives a little bit easier.
With the help of some in-fridge organizational bins from HEXA™, I’ll show you my best tips for choosing and organizing healthy postpartum snacks for your whole family!
Related // 3 Easy Freezer Lunches for New Moms
How to Stock and Organize Your Fridge with Postpartum Snacks
This post may contain affiliate links, at no extra cost to you. To read my affiliate disclosure, click here.
Healthy and Easy Postpartum Snack Ideas
First, let’s get to the good stuff: snack ideas! Here’s a few healthy and easy refrigerated snack ideas to get your through those first few weeks post-baby:
- seasonal berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc)
- carrot sticks
- celery sticks
- mini bell peppers
- cherry tomatoes (although technically a fruit)
- cucumber slices
- cheese sticks
- string cheese
- Babybel cheese
- smoothies or probiotic drinks
- individually packaged hummus cups
- individually packaged ranch cups (for dipping)
- olive packets
- hard boiled eggs
- applesauce pouches (for kids)
Choose “One Handed” Foods
One thing I sometimes forget to take into consideration, is that as new moms (and even 2nd or 3rd time moms…) we are holding baby all the time.
And if we have an opportunity to set our baby down, then we’re probably holding or consoling a toddler, breast pumping, or performing any other number of mom-like tasks.
It can make fueling your body with a quick snack seem like too much of an effort….hence reaching for the bag of potato chips or Oreos.
Instead, know and prepare that you are most likely going to be eating with limited hands for a few weeks and stock your fridge with snacks that are easy to eat one handed!
Easy One Handed Snack Ideas: cheese sticks, string cheese, apples, individually bagged fruits and veggies, hard boiled eggs
Family Friendly Snacks
Even if your intention is to only stock up on a few snacks for yourself, you know the rest of the family will want in on that action (especially if you have other kids).
Choose snacks that are good choices for the whole family!
When organizing your postpartum snacks in the fridge, make snacks that are “just for mom” high and out of reach while placing snacks that the whole family can enjoy low and accessible.
Prep Your Postpartum Snacks
Taking 20 minutes to prep your snacks at the beginning of the week can go a long way in making the rest of your week smooth sailing.
Snack Prep Tips:
- Organize your snacks into separate refrigerator organization bins (see below)
- Separate fruits and veggies into individual baggies for easy grab-and-go access
- Pull apart cheese sticks, string cheese, yogurts, etc on their perforated edges
- Remove any smaller individually wrapped store-bought snacks from their larger container (Ex: mini hummus cups, Babybel cheeses, etc.)
Organize Your Snacks
My favorite part about prepping these snacks was being able to organize them in my fridge (hello my fellow Type-A peeps!).
Not only is it visually appealing, but if I “look” like I have it all together as a 3rd time mom, then I’ll “feel” like I have it all together! Who’s with me?
I love how the individual organizational bins make it easy to see what I have on hand, what needs to be restocked, and helps avoid food waste.
Plus, it makes it a breeze for my other kids to help themselves to various healthy snacks.
My Favorite HEXA In-Fridge Organizers
The organizers I’m using to organize all my postpartum snacks are the HEXA in-fridge organizers by Spectrum Diversified. In addition to being incredibly budget-friendly compared to other brands, here are some of my favorite features of the HEXA refrigerator organizers:
- The HEXA pattern tray at the bottom of the bins keeps food off the bottom of your fridge, allowing air flow to keep your produce fresher, longer.
- The bins are stackable and come in a variety of sizes, allowing you to fit them into your fridge in an arrangement that works for you.
- The bins can be labeled with dry erase markers!
- The front scooped cutout feature allows easier access to foods when stacked.
- They’re dishwasher safe and phthalate free!
My Final Thoughts on Organizing Your Fridge with Postpartum Snacks
I’m a firm believer that a little prep and organization can go a long way, and I’ve never believed that more than when taking care of a tiny human.
I hope this post has given you ideas and inspiration on how you can stock and organize your fridge with healthy and easy snacks after you bring your baby home!
And even if you’re not expecting a new baby, I hope you’ve taken some inspiration away on budget-friendly ways you can organize your fridge with HEXA in-fridge organizers.
Remember to check out HEXA for all your in-fridge organizational needs!
HEXA has graciously offered one of you a chance to win a HEXA in-fridge organization bundle for all your organizational needs (a $60 value)!
To enter the HEXA giveway:
- Follow @spectrumdiversified on Instagram
- Share this post to Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #livelifeorganized
- Leave a comment below saying that you entered. Be sure to include your email address in the appropriate field, which will only be able to be seen by me and is how the winner will be contacted.
Giveaway rules: No purchase necessary. Open to residents of the U.S. only. Must be 18 or older to enter. Winner will be selected at random at July 15, 2021 and informed via email.
Remember to check out these other kitchen organization posts:
- How to Organize Kitchen Drawers in 3 Easy Steps
- The Absolute Best Way to Organize Your Kitchen Spices
- Dollar Store Pantry Organization (w/Free Pantry Labels)
- Budget-Friendly Farmhouse Kitchen Decor and Accessories