You Won’t Believe How Easy it is to Make This Paper Doily Table Runner!
What cost only $2 and uses only 2 supplies?? Come learn how to make a doily table runner from Dollar Tree supplies!
Do you decorate for Valentine’s Day?
I live in Texas, and we really don’t have much of a “winter” here. So after Christmas there really is no need for winter decor.
I usually bring my regular decor back out, and I like to add a few pops of Valentine’s Day here and there!
Nothing too crazy though!
The main areas I like to add in Valentine’s Day are:
- Entryway Table
- Farmhouse Shelves
- Dining Table
- Kitchen (hand towels and mugs)
- Living Room (pillow covers and throws)
That seems like a lot, but it’s actually pretty subtle. And a lot of the decor I use for Valentine’s Day transitions into spring really well.
This week I’m showing you how I’m adding a little Valentine’s Day decor to our table with a fun paper doily table runner!
This easy DIY cost only $2 to make, and I couldn’t love how it turned out more! I can’t wait to show you how to make this easy doily table runner.
DIY Paper Doily Table Runner
This post may contain affiliate links, at no extra cost to you. To read my affiliate disclosure, click here.
Before we get started, I want to cover a few quick things about this tutorial on how to make a doily table runner.
Here’s what this post is:
- a beginner level DIY
- a step-by-step guide
- a short and EASY DIY
Here’s what this post is not:
- a time consuming DIY
- an expensive DIY project
- a difficult DIY
Paper Doily Table Runner Supplies & Costs
You only need two supplies to make this paper doily table runner, and both can be found at Dollar Tree!
- Roll of Kraft Paper
- I love Kraft paper! It has so many uses (including my favorite…my $1 scroll signs). You can find this at Dollar Tree with the mailing supplies.
- Paper Doilies (multi-sized package)
- Again, there are so many things to do with paper doilies! Dollar Tree carries these year-round in the wedding section. They have packages of paper doilies that are all one size, but I prefer using the pack of paper doilies in four different sizes.
- If you’re dying to make this but can’t find the paper doilies at your Dollar Tree, you can find them pretty inexpensively on Amazon.
- Other Supplies
- You’ll need scissors to cut the Kraft paper.
- You’ll also need tape or glue to secure the paper doilies to the Kraft paper.
Total Cost: $2 (wow!)
How to Make a Paper Doily Table Runner
Now that you’ve gathered your supplies, let me show you how to make this doily table runner in less than 10 minutes!
Step 1: Cut Your Kraft Paper
The first thing you need to do is figure out how long you want your table runner to be.
To do this, I simple unrolled the Kraft paper onto my table and cut it to my desired length.
After I had the length cut, I wanted to cut the width to size. To do this, I folded the length of the Kraft paper in half and cut it right down the middle.
You can also save the other half that you cut for another DIY table runner in the future!
Step 2: Lay Out Your Paper Doilies
Once your Kraft paper is laid out on your table, it’s time to work on the doilies!
This is the fun part!
Take your doilies (again, I like using the ones that are different sizes) and lay them out on the Kraft paper in the arrangement you want.
Lay all of your doilies out before you start glueing or taping. That way you can easily move them around as you go.
- Paper doilies tend to stick together in the package. To make this project go even faster, separate all of your paper doilies before you start trying to lay them out.
Step 3: Tape or Glue Your Paper Doilies
Once you have your paper doilies laid out exactly the way you want, it’s time to secure them onto your Kraft paper.
To do this, start on one end of your table runner and carefully lift each doily slightly and secure to the Kraft paper with glue or tape.
I prefer to use tape for this project since there’s no dry time like with glue. Double sided tape would be ideal, but if you don’t have any on-hand (like I didn’t) then just roll up a piece of regular tape and place under each paper doily.
How Easy Was This Paper Doily Table Runner?
And that’s a wrap! A cheap, easy and quick DIY? Is there anything better??
This Dollar Tree table runner could be used for so many occasions”
- Valentine Decor
- Everyday Farmhouse Decor
- Baby Showers
- Date Night
I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this paper doily table runner, and I’d love to see what you come up with! You can find me and tag me on Instagram, where I’m posting tons of projects and fun things that don’t make it to the blog. I hope you’ll come follow along!
If you enjoyed this cheap and easy DIY, check out these other Dollar Tree DIY posts:
- $1 Farmhouse Christmas Scroll with Free Christmas SVG Cut
- Easy Cricut Fall Project Using Dollar Store Mugs
- DIY Yarn Wall Hanging in Just 20 Minutes
- Farmhouse Spring Entryway w/$1 DIY Paper Scroll
- Dollar Tree Easter Crafts: DIY Bunny Banner and Egg Garland
- DIY Dollar Tree Farmhouse Frames + Free Fall Printables
- Dollar Tree Buffalo Check Banner
- $2 Fall Farmhouse Sign